Météo France is the French national meteorological bureau. It runs the top weather forecast website in France.
During this project, the team developed a new version of the Météo France website. I was in charge of managing a Development Team and all the communications between the client and the Dev Team. I also contributed to the back-end and front-end development.
Key responsibilities and outcomes
- Played a central role in every software development phase: design, build, tests, deployment in production and support.
- Led project to completion on time, within scope and on budget.
- Successfully implemented Liferay (Java Portal CMS) throughout all of Météo France's websites.
- Organized Liferay workshops at Météo France to facilitate change within the organization.
- Ensured that all requirements regarding high-traffic websites were met.
- Contributed to the back-end and front-end development (JS, Java) and SEO improvements.
- BackboneJS HTML5 CSS3
- MySQL Java / Spring Framework Redis Elastic Git Liferay Linux
- Jira Trello
3 web developers
1 technical project manager (myself)
2 client and vendor teams