IGN is the French national geographic institute. It runs Géoportail, a web-based service and a French competitor to Google Maps, providing maps and geographical information.
For this project, I was in charge of managing one development team, as well as the communications and coordination between the client. I also contributed to the back-end and front-end development.
Key responsibilities and outcomes:
- Ensured that delivery was compliant with the project scope and specifications.
- Organized training workshops at IGN to facilitate change within the organization.
- Prepared readiness reviews for senior management and client.
- Successfully implemented custom-made CMS (Java) on IGN’s websites.
- Contributed to the back-end and front-end development (JS, Java) and SEO improvements.
- Implemented user-interaction features on the map using the IGN API.
- JS HTML5 CSS3
- MySQL Java / Spring Framework Redis Git Linux
- Jira Trello
3 web developers
1 technical project manager (myself)
2 client and vendor teams